I hope this finds everyone well. A few information items before the weekend:
- Student timetables and information letters are in the mail and you should receive them next week.
- As I mentioned in a previous email, our school information system software goes down for its annual maintenance starting tonight until August 17. We will not be able to make schedule changes until August 18 at 12 noon, at which time counsellors and administration will be able to assist with changes.
- This is also the same system I use to send out these emails. If we need to communicate with you between now and the 17th, we will use the School Messenger Service (the same software that emails from the Department of Education come from). Any updates will also be posted on our school website – www.vcss.ca
- Staff email addresses and our school email address – email@example.com – will continue to work and we will respond to any messages received. You can also call the school – 867-667-5901 – as our office staff and administration will be working all week.
- Our Covid-19 Operational Plan has been submitted and will be approved next week – we will post it on our school website on August 12 (and may use the School Messenger Service to send it to all households).
- A reminder that our Grade 8 Orientation Afternoon has changed from Tuesday to Wednesday, August 19 from 12:30 to 3:00 pm.
- The first day of school for all students will be on Thursday, August 20:
- 8:40 am start for Grade 8 and 9 students
- 8:45 am start for Grade 10-12 students with surnames starting with A through L
- 12:35 pm start for Grade 10-12 students with surnames starting with M through Z
- Finally, there are many questions and concerns about how our Grade 10-12 program will operate next year. I would like to offer two opportunities to share information and answer questions for Grade 10-12 students and parents/guardians. Both sessions will have the same information presented – the only difference is that one is over Zoom and the other is in-person.
- Wednesday August 12 at 7 pm – on Zoom using the link emailed to all students/parents/guardians on August 7
- Thursday, August 13 at 7 pm – at the picnic tables out front of the school (weather permitting – if it’s rainy, we’ll move to the large gym)
Ryan Sikkes, principal