Our Annual Family BBQ and Honour Roll Ceremony will be on Wednesday, August 29, starting at 6:00 pm. All students and families (not just those who are receiving an honour roll certificate) are most welcome! We hope to see all Vanier students and families there!
We hope that you all had a great summer!
Our Student Information System will be offline until August 20, so we will not be able to do course changes until the first days of school. To assist in your planning, we are posting the courses that we are offering next year below.
The first day of school for all students is Tuesday, August 21.
Click here for our School Supply Lists for the 2018-2019 year.
Report Cards and Newsletters were mailed on Thursday, June 14. Here is the digital copy of the newsletter and a very important information sheet detailing how we will be reporting to parents differently next year. Please don't hesitate to contact the school if with any questions or concerns.
School Council Elections are this Monday, May 7 in the Vanier Learning Commons (Library) from 4:00 until 8:00 pm.
All parents/guardians who are 18 years of age and older and who are Canadian citizens of current Vanier Catholic Secondary students are entitled and encouraged to vote. More complete information about School Council elections can be found on the Elections Yukon website.
Six (6) candidates have expressed interest in the five (5) council seats, necessitating an election:
Thank you for taking an active interest in the governance of Vanier Catholic Secondary and we hope that you will come and vote this coming Monday.
Ryan Sikkes, principal
We are looking forward to seeing all students on Thursday! #mandatory
Students: please invite parents, guardians, family friends, siblings etc. to share in your learning; this is a wonderful opportunity to highlight the incredible work you've done and to reflect on where you're headed next.
The cafeteria will be open throughout the evening.
Whitehorse high school students who normally use city transit to get to and from school can take their local school bus routes if they are not able to take City of Whitehorse transit due to possible service interruptions and if there is space available on the school bus route.
If a student needs to take their local school bus route, no registration is required at this time. Bus drivers have been directed to pick up the additional students at the regular designated school bus stops.
Visit yukon.ca/en/education-and-schools/kindergarten-grade-12/find-school-bus-schedule to find the bus routes closest to your home.
Parents and students should also be checking the City of Whitehorse’s website for updates on city transit routes: http://www.whitehorse.ca/about-whitehorse/2018-strike-information-page.
If you have any questions, please contact Judith Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-667-5172.
Service learning hours for grade 8 and 9 students are due April 13th.
Service learning hours for students in grades 10-12 are due May 31st.
More information + the assignment booklet is attached below.
P.S. Our annual ThinkFast will take place Friday, April 6th- Saturday April 7th and is an opportunity for students to earn 5 service learning hours. Students: get your information package from the main office and submit all forms and donations to Ms. Gray by April 6th.
· Monday, August 20 - Grade 8 Orientation 12:30 - 3:00 pm
· Tuesday, August 21, First Day of School for all students
· Wednesday, August 29 - Family BBQ and Honour Roll Presentation - 6:00 pm
· Thursday, August 30 - Curriculum Inservice - NO SCHOOL
· Friday, August 31 - Yukon Catholic Schools Staff Retreat - NO SCHOOL
· Monday, September 3 - Labour Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL
· Friday, September 7 - Curriculum Inservice - NO SCHOOL
· September 24-26—First Informal Report period
· Thursday & Friday, September 27 & 28 - YTA Conference - NO SCHOOL
· Wednesday, October 3—Schools Food Drive
· Monday, October 8—Thanksgiving Holiday—NO SCHOOL
· Tuesday, October 23—Student Led Conferences
· Monday, November 12—Remembrance Day Stat—NO SCHOOL
· December 3-14—Share the Spirit
· Thursday, December 6—Administration Pancake Breakfast
· December 10-14—Second Informal Report Period
· Wednesday, December 19—Alumni Day and Talent Show
· December 21—January 4 – Christmas Break—NO SCHOOL
· Monday, January 7—First Day Back from Christmas
· January 7-11—Review Week
· January 14-17—Final Exam/Assessment Period—NO CLASSES
· Friday, January 18— Professional Development—NO SCHOOL
· Monday, January 21—Start of Semester 2
16 Duke Street
Fax: (867) 393-6370